Here’s a partial list of upcoming protests and actions in protest of the ideological martial law Scott Walker and his legislative allies are continuing to impose. Keep an eye on this space for details and more updates, and post your own in the comments:
2nd and 30th Senate District
- Monday, March 21, 2011 – 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Green Bay Budget Town Hall Meeting, Green Bay Public Library, 515 Pine Street
10th Senate District
- Ongoing event in Menomonie: 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. every day Tuesday & Thursday, a peaceful march at the Veteran’s Memorial Park on Crescent Street in Menomonie. Signs available. Participants are welcome to come for whatever time they are available.
- Tuesday, 3/22
- 6:00-8:00 p.m. New Richmond Budget Town Hall, Indianhead Tech College New Richmond Campus
- Thursday, March 24
- 6:30: Budget Town Hall, River Falls High School, 818 Cemetery Road, River Falls
13th Senate District
- “Breakfast with Fitz” Saturday, March 19th – 6:30am – Meet at the IAM Lodge in Horicon (258 Barstow St.) at 6:30am. We will drive to Senator Scott Fitzgerald’s house from the IAM Lodge.
15th Senate District
- Friday, March 25th,2011- 7:30 A.M.
- Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce Legislative Breakfast Picket- Representitives Wynn, Knilans, and Loudenbeck to be present. Country Club of Beloit, 2327 Riverside Drive.
- Tuesday 3/29/2011 – 5:00 PM
- Protest Governor Walker at Forward Janesville Dinner, Holiday Inn Express & Conference Center, Janesville
18th Senate District
- Tuesday, March 22 at 5pm.
- Rally for Worker’s Rights, Omro, Riverside Park (Corner of Main and Adams)
19th Senate District
- Thursday 3/24/11, Noon-1:30 PM. Town Hall Meeting, Appleton Public Library, 225 N. Oneida Street, Appleton
21st Senate District
- Sunday, 3/20/11 – 3pm-5pm. Informational picket/protest in front of the home of Sen. Van Wanggaard 1246 Blaine Ave. Racine.
23rd and 31st Senate District
- Ongoing event in Eau Claire: The UW-Eau Claire faculty union (AFT local #6481) is planning a protest every work day at 5:14 p.m. at the Downtown City Parking Lot at the corner of Farwell & Gray to thank our 14 Wisconsin Senators who were forced to leave the state.
- Saturday – 3/19/2011 – 10 am
- Rally with State Senator Kathleen Vinehout, Phoenix Park, Eau Claire
24th Senate District
- Monday – 3/21/2011
- Stevens Point Marches/Rallies
- 7:30am – 8:30am – March starts at the Main Old Building
- 8:30am – 9:30 am – March & Rally at WSPT Radio – Division Street
- 9:30am – 10:30am – Protest of Downtown M&I Bank
- 10:30am – 11:30am – March & Rally at Stevens Point Journal
- Stevens Point Marches/Rallies
- Friday, March 18th, March for Workers’ Rights. 2:00pm-3:30pm. Starting Location: Milwaukee Secure Detention Facility, 1015 N 10th (1 block north of the County Courthouse on 10th). Ends at the State Office Building at 819 N 6th St.
- Friday, March 18th. Picket of Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier’s home and delivery of letters urging her to call the Common Council back into session to pass AFSCME, OPEIU and IBEW contracts. Letters will be available to sign at the rally. 7630 W. Wisconsin Ave, Wauwatosa, WI 53213. 5:45pm.
- Saturday, March 19th, 10:30-1pm; County Elections Candidate Forum sponsored by the Campaign Against Violence, Northside YMCA, 1350 W North Ave.
- Saturday, March 19th, 10am-5:00pm; Member to Member Phone Bank on Volunteer Opportunities in the 8th Senate District and Spring Elections; AFSCME District Council 48, 3427 W St Paul.
- Monday March 21st, 5:30pm-7:30pm; Town Hall Meeting on Budget Impact sponsored by Gwen Moore, UWM Zelazo Center, 2419 N. Kenwood.
- Monday March 21st, 6:00pm-7:30pm, MPS School Board Candidate Forum, MPS Central Office Auditorium, 5225 W Vliet St, Come Hear the Candidates’ Views on Walker’s Budget and Repair Bill.
- Thursday, March 24th, 4-6pm; M&I Bank Protest, 4-6pm, M&I Whitefish Bay Branch, 117 E. Silverspring Ave.
- Thursday, March 24th, 4:30, Event for County Executive candidate Jeff Stone with special guest: Governor Scott Walker, University Club, 924 E Wells St.
- Friday, March 25th Bayview Massacre Memorial Rally for Workers’ Rights, Superior St and Russell Ave, Milwaukee, 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Saturday, March 26th, 8am; Protest of WI GOP 4th District Caucus, Milwaukee Athletic Club, 758 N. Broadway – meet at corner of Broadway and Mason.
- Monday, March 28th, 4:30, Reception honoring Senator Alberta Darling with Special Guest Congressman Paul Ryan, University Club, 924 E Wells St.
- Wednesday, March 30th, 7pm; Milwaukee Area Labor Council Town Hall Meeting, Serb Hall, 5101 W. Oklahoma Ave.
Other WI Locations
- Tuesday, March 22nd: Picket and Pack-it Protest Against Scott Walker’s Budget Repair Bill, Waukesha County Courthouse, 515 West Moreland Blvd, Waukesha. 6:30pm protest outside, protesters to move inside to County Board Meeting at 7:00pm.